**Harris Ranch Kickoff / Initial Discussion - August 29, 2015**
The Planning Meeting of CCHS was held at Harris Ranch in Coalinga CA on August 29, 2015. Much was accomplished during this extremely busy day! Prior to the meeting, John Lenau, CCHS President and Ben Wirick, Administrator had set expectations about what was to take place at the meeting, this to prepare the attendees for an effective effort. The location of the meeting was selected to be Harris Ranch because of its mid-state position, conveniently along I-5 within a maximum of 4 to 5 hour drive in any direction. 16 attendees of the Board participated with Ben facilitating.
The Key Items expected and delivered from the attendees included:
- Setting priorities for the organization for the next several years (5 years was selected)
- Identifying how we are going to achieve those goals and what the specific activities are that need to happen to be successful (Specific goals were identified and will be published in CCHS shortly)
- Be ready to volunteer on a committee that you think will make a difference (All attendees volunteered for committees established for the goals selected)
- Have a little fun (Attendees were formed into teams to complete in a timed mental exercise)
- Planning session, how will you be able to effect change throughout California’s Historical community – how much will it cost, how much revenue will be generated (Brainstormed, Proposed, Discussed, and Debated. Financial implications were deferred to committees for recommendation)
- By the end of the meeting, we hope to have identified critical issues to CCHS and California’s historical community and we hope to have a plan to address those issues. (Accomplished with initial discussion and reporting of committees)
If you have any questions about the Planning Meeting or want to participate in discussions about the future of CCHS, please comment below. The Board is committed to successfully address the issues that have been identified during the Planning Meeting and to guide CCHS in response to the needs of its members.